Policies & Standards
SAFETY & HEALTH POLICY
We are committed to Safety and Health. Everyday, we work together to ensure our family members are safe and healthy at home, at work, and at play.
We, through our Sustainable Development process, will be a responsible corporate citizen in protecting our family members and stakeholders from our unique industry hazards. We are committed to:
- Compliance with all legal and other requirements including local, state and federal regulations,
- Continual improvement in our Occupational Safety & Health Management System and Occupational Safety & Health performance,
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment including the prevention of injury and ill health,
- Participating with industry peers sharing best practices,
- Bringing Safety Home.
Fairmount Santrol pledges to implement and operate the Safety & Health Management System to further enhance performance.
Fairmount Santrol, through our Sustainable Development process, will operate its business in an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner, with concern for our employees and stakeholders so that we will manage the impact of our activities on the environment.
Our Environmental Policy is to be a responsible corporate citizen in protecting the environment. We are committed to:
- Conducting operations so as to comply with applicable local, state and federal environmental rules, regulations, and requirements
- Manage aspects of the operation to minimize the resulting environmental impacts (i.e. to prevent pollution, and reduce or minimize waste)
- Work to continually improve the environmental management system and performance of facility operations
- Regularly communicate our environmental policies and performance
- Providing for continuous review of objectives and targets
This commitment requires employees to participate in and accept responsibility for achieving the following:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle waste and packaging
- Improve the efficiency of energy use
- Reclaim disturbed land to a usable and productive state
This policy will be communicated to all parties interested in the performance of our environmental management system.
CORPORATE QUALITY POLICY
Fairmount Santrol will support people and sustain our planet while providing consistent quality products and services to meet or exceed our customer’s needs and expectations. This high level of dedication will lead to our company’s continual improvement and prosperity.
At Fairmount Santrol, we have initiated ISO 9001 for Quality Management, ISO 14001 for Environmental and OHSAS 18001 for Health & Safety. The Fairmount Santrol Quality, Environmental and Safety & Health Management Systems support our Sustainable Development culture by nurturing our People, Plant and Prosperity commitments.
Our Management Systems provide countless benefits; by protecting the health and safety of all our stakeholders at home, at work and at play, improving our environmental footprint, assuring high quality and customer satisfaction, by improving efficiency, transparency and responsibility and promoting continual improvement.