Fairmount Santrol is seeking an experienced Electrical Technician with 3-phase, 480V, and industrial troubleshooting experience. The Electrician conducts root cause analyses to resolve malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components. The Electrician is responsible for the connection of wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Position is based at the sand plant in Voca, TX.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the country, state and federal levels.
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced.
- Responsible for observing and following all safety regulations with required PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in the electrical maintenance field and two (2) years electrical experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and education
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of hand and power shop tools
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
- Competent with programming of VFD’s
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Self-starter yet able to take orders, as directed
- Must be available to work 12-hour day and night shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime
To apply online, please click the Download Application button below to complete the form. Once you have filled out the document and saved it to your desktop, please click the Apply Online button to upload the form and submit your application.Download Application