Plant Manager - Wexford
Fairmount Santrol has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager position at our Wexford facility in Harrietta, MI.
- Direct and coordinate all plant operations, production, quality, safety and environmental programs
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor process and operating systems for efficient plant operations
- Work closely with other specialists for quality control/quality assurance of production and shipments
- Develop, schedule, and direct the production and maintenance operations to ensure efficient plant equipment utilization.
- Supervise all employees and coordinate activities of workers engaged in production and maintenance of the plant equipment
- Inspects jobs in progress and at completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained
- Maintain inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically review inventory for soundness, obsolescence, and availability
- Recommend, plan and implement equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction
- Mine development and planning
- Develop and implement short and long-term capital plans
- Develop and maintain operating/expense budgets
- BS Degree in Engineering and experience in plant management, mineral processing, and project management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in supervisory positions utilizing a combination of technical, managerial, and financial expertise
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of sand processing and the sand industry preferred
- Thorough knowledge of MSHA/safety and EPA/environmental regulations relative to plant operation and maintenance preferred
- Ability to react quickly to challenges and new processing developments
- Good written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills who can follow written/verbal instruction and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Full-time positions with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Retirement Savings Plan, and Safety Bonus Program.
EOE Fairmount Santrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Fairmount Santrol has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.
To apply online, please click the Download Application button below to complete the form. Once you have filled out the document and saved it to your desktop, please click the Apply Online button to upload the form and submit your application.Download Application