Fairmount Santrol has an immediate opening for a Plant Superintendent position at the Resin Cutler facility in Cutler, IL.
- Maintain a safe working environment and safety records
- Coordinate and schedule production for bag plant, ground cover, screen plant, and rotary
- Enter daily bag plant, ground cover, and rotary production into JD Edwards and Excel
- Confirm orders (shipments)
- Maintain both daily and month-end finished goods inventory for bag plant, ground cover, and rotary
- Maintain raw materials, consumable supplies, and packaging supplies inventories (including purchasing) for bag plant, ground cover, screen plant, and rotary
- Communicate pertinent information to management/supervisors
- Ensure all bag load tickets are being initialed by operators daily
- Participate in development of new blends/products/production procedures
- Assist in selection, qualification, and evaluation of approved suppliers
- Conduct all duties required in the supervision of all day shift production employees, excluding Quarry
- Complete daily area inspections of the Fluid Bed Dryer, Screening Plant, Rotary Dryer, Mill, and Bag Plant
- Communicate progress on production goals to workforce regularly
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures which conform to appropriate sections of ISO 9000 and Fairmount Santrol Corporate Standards
- Specialty projects as assigned
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to handle multiple functions at one time in a fast paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of product specifications, customer requirements and quality requirements
- Operating knowledge of the screen plant, valve and open mouth bagging, rotary drying and screening, and bulk bagging processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Overall knowledge of plant operations
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
Full-time position with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Retirement Savings Plan, and Safety Bonus Program.
To apply mail your resume to 776 Centennial Drive, Ottawa, IL 61350 (Attn: HR), fax your resume to 815-433-9866, apply online at www.fairmountsantrol.com or email email@example.com. Please reference the position you are applying for on your application or resume. Applications must be received by March 31st, 2017. EOE Fairmount Santrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Fairmount Santrol has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.