Regional Environmental Coordinator - Southern Region
The Regional Environmental Coordinator is the initial point of contact for air, land, and water environmental programs and environmental regulatory matters at Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) facilities in the Southern Region. This position includes office work as well as site visits to mining, manufacturing, terminal, office and laboratory facilities in Oklahoma (Elk City and Roff), Texas (Brady, Big Lake, Brenham, Fresno, Katemcy, Monahans, Pleasanton, Sugarland, Sweetwater and Voca) and Mexico (Caderyta). Position may be located in Roff, OK; Voca, TX or Sugar Land, TX.
- Responsible for monitoring data and inspections. Ensure all applicable FMSA sites are compliant in collecting, reporting, and archiving data.
- Interpret environmental data to determine if compliance issues are developing so that it can be reported to others.
- Assist Operations to develop and maintain a processes where environmental data and inspections are collected or otherwise completed by Operations Department staff, when needed or required.
- Track and assist with maintaining existing environmental permits and plans required at each regional mine, mineral processing and terminal operation.
- Complete federal, state and local environmental reporting, as required by applicable permits and plans.
- Assist in interpreting existing and proposed regulations so that existing or planned operations are properly permitted or have up-to date plans.
- Actively maintain existing storm-water, drinking water, water withdraw, spill control, emergency response, and fugitive dust plans and programs.
- Evaluate facility operations and define proper recycling, beneficial re-use and/or disposal paths for waste streams are being attained.
- Assist select facilities with attaining and maintaining ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Certifications.
- Assist with the development and implementation of multi-media environmental training programs.
- Attend regulatory inspections and assist with regulatory communications.
- Assist with management of work completed by environmental consultants.
- Attend on-site production and Management Review meetings when schedule permits.
- Assist with the reporting and direction of emergency response to environmental spills and other releases.
- Assist Corporate Environment Services Department staff with program initiatives, as directed or as necessary.
- BS degree in Engineering, Geology, Geography, Environmental Sciences or similar field of study
- Minimum 2 years’ environmental experience at a mining and mineral processing facility
- ISO 14001 EMS Lead Auditor
- Other relevant combinations of education and/or proven track record of work experience in the mining and mineral processing industry will be considered
- Strong oral and written communication
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment and decision-making
- Self-directed, organized and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong PC skills MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat
- Ability to travel, as appropriate, to all regional FMSA facilities as well as occasionally to sites in other FMSA regions
- Ability to work at mining and mineral processing sites, along with Operations managers or hourly staff, to evaluate environmental conditions at various locations in the mine, processing plant, manufacturing areas and shipping facilities
- Willingness to learn and attend specialized training