Regional Sustainable Development Associate
Regional Sustainable Development (SD) Associate
Central Region (IL, MO)
Fairmount Santrol, located in Wedron, IL, has an immediate opening for a Regional Sustainable Development Associate.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates sustainable development activities and programs within the coordinators assigned region (mines, plants, coating facilities, terminals and offices). Includes lunch n’ learn meetings, monthly goal review meetings with each facility, SD orientation with new hires, recycling, composting and waste to energy initiatives, and weekly/monthly audits of the pollinator gardens and facility for WHC certification (Wedron).
- Assists in creating, maintaining, and assessing the needs of the plants, offices and terminals regarding sustainability principles, performance measures and resources. Includes designing volunteer opportunities and writing up volunteer forms (Wedron), facilitating community investment meetings at the facilities, completing, submitting and logging donation requests (for entire region), and logging all volunteer hours.
- Develop, design, and deliver sustainability messages, website, promotional, and public relations material about sustainability and related activities. Includes assisting with editing content for annual CSR Report, SD blogs, and newsletter (Sandbox) articles. SD Coordinator conducts meetings with local non-for-profit representatives and/or giving SD presentations in the local communities.
- Responsible for working with the Director, Sustainability to ensure that the company is being inclusive of all employees relative to SD initiatives. The coordinator is responsible for engaging the employees to greater participation in SD initiatives, including SD Team participation and volunteering.
- Assists the Director, Sustainability with existing and new sustainability projects, programs, and plans within Sustainable Development.
- Ability to conduct regional SD meetings at each plant and specified terminals and to present updated information at Corporate SD meetings. Includes creating the monthly presentation for the Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBBs) and updating each EBB with the current monthly presentation.
- Provides monthly social media and Sandbox content to tell our SD story to internal and external stakeholders.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability Management or similar field preferred.
- 2-3 years of Administrative experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Ability to collect interpret, analyze, and present data.
- Ability to travel, up to 25%.
Full-time positions with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Retirement Savings Plan, and Safety Bonus Program.
To apply, mail your resume to 776 Centennial Drive, Ottawa, IL 61350 (Attn: HR), fax your resume to 815-433-9866 or email email@example.com. EOE Fairmount Santrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Fairmount Santrol has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.
Visit us at www.fairmountsantrol.com
To apply online, please click the Download Application button below to complete the form. Once you have filled out the document and saved it to your desktop, please click the Apply Online button to upload the form and submit your application.Download Application