Staff Accountant – Terminal Administration
Fairmount Santrol located in Ottawa, IL, has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant position. This individual must be able to apply accounting principles to perform duties associated with month end close, physical inventories, and variance analysis of assigned cost centers and monthly general ledger account reconciliations. Key responsibilities include the preparation of monthly management reports and supporting schedules.
- Prepare inventory analysis, monthly journal entries, financial reports for management, and annual budgets
- Providing necessary support for external and internal auditors for financial statement review, audit and SOX Compliance.
- Maintain monthly account analysis, track demurrage and handling, determine appropriate monthly expense
- Accrue and process all terminal expense invoices.
- Respond to vendor questions regarding invoices and payment status
- Reconcile and maintains assigned inventory accounts including terminal inventories.
- Experience in Excel and JDEdwards preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and one to two years of experience in related field required
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software (required) including general ledger with report writing. Proficient in Microsoft Office products with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
Full-time positions with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Retirement Savings Plan, and Safety Bonus Program.
To apply, mail your resume to 776 Centennial Drive, Ottawa, IL 61350 (Attn: HR), fax your resume to 815-433-9866 or email email@example.com. EOE Fairmount Santrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Fairmount Santrol has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.
Visit us at www.fairmountsantrol.com