CHESTERLAND, Ohio, May 02, 2016—Fairmount Santrol is pleased to announce the release of its tenth annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, All In. The 2015 report follows the new Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines. To meet these guidelines, we conducted an assessment where we engaged internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize Fairmount Santrol’s most significant sustainability-related impacts, risks, and opportunities.
This report celebrates the many accomplishments of our Company and our collective commitment to Sustainable Development – the Fairmount Santrol Family is All In. Some highlights of our 2015 CSR report include:
- We exceeded 1 million consecutive safe working hours for the third time in our history. Through December, we accumulated a record of more than 1.5 million consecutive safe working hours.
- Beyond meeting our business needs, our Family Members dedicated more than 15,000 volunteer hours to the communities in which we live and work.
- Through ongoing successful field trials, our revolutionary Propel SSP™ technology is increasing oil and gas production while requiring less water, energy, and chemicals than with traditional fluid systems.
- Company-wide, 30 of our facilities have now achieved zero waste to landfill, an increase of 12 facilities in 2015.
- We invested in the planting of more than 132,000 trees, sequestering more than 100 percent of our Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions.
- In 2015, our frac sand volumes were down 5 percent over 2014 levels, compared to an estimated market decline of 23 percent—reinforcing that our Family Members were All In.
- Our newly expanded 8.5M ton capacity Wedron, Illinois location, the industry’s largest and most state-of-the-art sand facility, was completed on time and within budget. This zero waste to landfill facility ensures our competitive position and ability to drive value for our customers, now and into the future.
“Since becoming a public company, we have been asked if our commitment to sustainable development will endure,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Jenniffer Deckard. “The answer is simple: ‘Yes.’”
Our All In commitment to People, Planet, and Prosperity brings us together, empowers our Family Members, drives bold decisions, and sustains our business by increasing our strength and competitiveness. In our 2015 CSR report, we celebrate those successes and look forward to creating additional value through greater alignment of our sustainable development initiatives with the topics that matter most to our stakeholders. The full report can be viewed online at csr.fairmountsantrol.com.
About Fairmount Santrol
Fairmount Santrol is a leading provider of high-performance sand and sand-based products used by oil and gas exploration and production companies to enhance the productivity of their wells. The company also provides high-quality products, strong technical leadership and applications knowledge to end users in the foundry, building products, water filtration, glass, and sports and recreation markets. Its global logistics capabilities include a wide-ranging network of distribution terminals and thousands of rail cars that allow the company to effectively serve customers wherever they operate. As one of the nation’s longest continuously operating mining organizations, Fairmount Santrol has developed a strong commitment to all three pillars of sustainable development, People, Planet and Prosperity. Correspondingly, the company’s motto and action orientation is: “Do Good. Do Well.” For more information, visit FairmountSantrol.com.