Covia has an immediate opening for a Terminal Supervisor at the Eighty-Four, PA facility. The Terminal Supervisor will manage all aspects of the terminal, including management of employees; manage costs, as well as compliance with Covia safety and environmental programs.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation by providing leadership and direction to create process improvements and establish a team environment
- Organize, plan, and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers, and utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability
- Operate terminal efficiently by analyzing operating costs and equipment utilization
- Ensures compliance of Covia and industry safety and environmental procedures
- Knowledge and ability to repair/maintain industrial equipment such as loaders, conveyors, and dust suppression systems
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in terminal or transportation, supervisory experience preferred
- Good communication skills, strong sense of urgency
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Strong strategic thinking and decision-making skills; adaptable to changing situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry systems
- Flex work schedule, including some weekends
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to climb up to 130 feet
Full-time position with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Retirement Savings Plan, Wellness Incentive Program and Safety Bonus Program.
EOE Covia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Covia has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.
To apply online, please click the Download Application button below to complete the form. Once you have filled out the document and saved it to your desktop, please click the Apply Online button to upload the form and submit your application.Download Application